When it comes to taking testosterone, most people think of bulked up male bodybuilders who take banned testosterone therapy drugs.
But there could be some good benefits for female athletes when they take a natural testosterone booster.
The problem is that not all testosterone boosting products are suitable for women.
So we spent about four months working with a few of our clients and a nutritionist to see if we could find the best testosterone boosters for women to take.
Let’s take a look.
Our Top Testosterone Booster For Women
1 - TestoFuel (Editor's Choice)
The standard dose for men is four capsules a day, and that seems to be an advantage for women as it should make it easier to adjust the dosage.
You may need to experiment a bit with the dose as women tend to react differently to increasing testosterone levels.
We found that many of the women that provided a review online tended to highlight that they were able to build up more muscle and stamina.
- Main ingredient: D-Aspartic Acid (2,300 mg)
- Women find it easy to adjust the dose to their needs
- The formula is based on natural herbs to safely boost testosterone
- Many reports of boosted performance levels
- Bulk discounts make this testosterone supplement a reasonably priced optio
- You’ll need to experiment with the dosage
2 - Testogen
The final one of our recommended testosterone supplements is Testogen, which seems to have no negative feedback about side effects.
It may also have added benefits through reducing your BMI and might also improve your overall health through a vitamin blend.
- Main ingredient: D-aspartic acid (2,352 mg)
- Contains added vitamins for overall health benefits
- Claims to help with fat loss as well
- No reports of side effects
- The full dose requires four capsules a day
Some women said that they needed to take the full male dose, and that could mean taking four capsules per day.
3 - Prime Male
Prime Male is a natural testosterone booster that some of our female clients have successfully used as well.
The feedback we got seems to highlight that it may be a good option to help you deal with those stubborn love handles and possibly improve your mood as well.
- Main ingredient: D-Aspartic Acid Calcium Chelate (1,600 mg)
- Claims to help with weight management especially around the core
- Users find it may help with physical and mental fatigue
- Good bulk offers available with up to 90-day money-back guarantee
- Some of the ingredients may not work as well for women
The formula was put together specifically for men, which means that some of the ingredients may not have the same effect on women.
4 - Ultra Testosterone Booster Drops
Quite a few people don’t like taking pills, especially if they’re the more bulky ones.
This Ultra6 Nutrition product is a concentrated liquid that claims to help restore balanced testosterone levels.
What we like about it is that the blend was put together to help both men and women.
- Main ingredient: Tribulus Terrestris (amount not provided)
- Formulated with ingredients that may work for men and women
- A convenient liquid that you could mix into a smoothie
- Claims to start working faster than most other products
- Details about the ingredients are hidden behind a proprietary blend
The only negative we saw is that the detailed amounts of the ingredients are not shown on the label.
5 - Test-1 Boost
This is one of the more popular products with men, as it has been shown to work well to increase testosterone. This may be down to a simple formula based on scientific research.
The bonus for women is that it may also work well as a fat burner, and there are some good stacks available too.
- Main ingredient: Tribulus Terrestris (750 mg)
- Claims to support fat burning
- Positive comments about stacking with other Crazy Muscle products
- Doesn’t have an overly complicated formula
- A bit more magnesium might help performance athletes
We liked that this testosterone supplement has magnesium, but it’s a bit on the low side. It would be great if you could skip a separate magnesium supplement altogether.
6 - Tribulus by Arazo Nutrition
This natural testosterone booster claims to be effective because it uses a blend of herbs that tend to be easier and faster to digest.
We also noted that reviews indicated that it might start giving you good results within ten days, which would make it one of the more effective products available.
One thing to keep in mind is that it contains estrogen blockers. While we couldn’t confirm how effective they are on women, this might be something to keep in mind and possibly get advice from a medical doctor.
- Main ingredient: Tribulus Terrestris (1,500 mg)
- Simple formula with easy to digest ingredients
- Many comments highlight that it should start working within ten days
- Comes in large bottles of 90 capsules
- Estrogen blocker may not suit all women
7 - Natures Craft Horny Goat Weed
Our clients agreed that they were able to get more out of their workouts after taking this supplement for two weeks. As they didn’t use other new supplements at the time, we concluded that it does work to increase testosterone.
The one piece of feedback we got was that the pills are bigger than most other supplements on this list. If you’re not a fan of swallowing pills, then you may want to pick a different one.
- Main ingredient: orny goat weed extract (1,000 mg)
- Female athletes have reported better stamina during training
- May promote a healthy sex drive
- Comes with a 100% money-back guarantee
- Some people find the pills a bit large to swallow
8 - Testosterone Booster By Dr. Martin's Nutrition
This is one of the few testosterone supplements we found that claimed to not just help you deal with weight loss, but also may support keeping that weight off.
Some users have reported that it seems to help them not accumulate new body fat after reducing their exercise intensity.
That could make a good option for women that might struggle with that yo-yo effect on the scales.
- Main ingredient: Horny goat weed extract (amount not provided)
- Claims to prevent fat accumulation
- May be suitable for female athletes looking to build up muscle mass
- Women have reported some energy boost during training
- Details about ingredients are hidden behind a proprietary blend
The only thing we didn’t like about the product is the proprietary blend that doesn’t have all the details about the ingredient amounts.
9 - Black Magic Supply Super Natty
Some of our female clients who had measured a low testosterone level found that this one seemed to work well to improve their mood as well.
The added vitamin D3 could also be helpful for bone development, with women having a much higher risk of suffering from brittle bones as they age .
Some reviewers have mentioned that they needed to take the full dose to get some effects which would take four capsules.
- Main ingredient: Byroviron (1,500 mg)
- Comes with an added boost of vitamin D3
- Could be suitable for women who need to lower their estrogen levels
- Positive feedback about physical and mental energy levels
- You’ll need to take up to 4 capsules per day
10 - Vigorous You Testosterone Booster
Some of our male clients have used this product and experienced good increases in their levels of testosterone. This may be down to a simple formula that could also work for women for healthy benefits to their muscle development.
Our clients also said that it was easy to adjust the dosage, and most of them started at half the male dose.
- Main ingredient: Tribulus Terrestris (750 mg)
- Reviews highlight that it seems to start working within ten days
- Uses a simple and transparent formula
- Women have commented that it’s easy to adjust the formula
- Might not have enough magnesium for high-performance training
1 - Stick With Natural Ingredients
Even though this page is about herbal testosterone boosters, it’s important to note that there are some products available that might use natural ingredients alongside synthetic ones.
This is mostly the case with vitamins that are often provided in synthetic rather than whole food form .
If you ask a nutritionist, you’ll probably be advised to focus on supplements that use whole food greens and herbs, as they generally tend to be easier to digest with increased well-being benefits.
2 - Be Careful With The Dosage
Women naturally have low testosterone levels, but studies have found that these levels can be problematic if they are too low or too high .
Most supplements are formulated for men, so it’s important for women to be careful with the dose. We generally recommend starting with half the recommended dose for a couple of weeks, just to see how your body reacts and adapts.
“Most people think of testosterone as a male sex hormone, but everyone requires a certain amount. While males have more testosterone than females, female adrenal glands and ovaries produce small amounts of this hormone.”
- Jenna Fletcher, Wellness writer.
3 - Check For Stimulants
Unfortunately, there are some testosterone boosters that try to cheat a little bit. By including stimulants like caffeine, they might give you the impression that they improve your mental focus and concentration.
But, that boost is likely not the result of higher testosterone levels.
Unless you really want some stimulation, we always suggest avoiding them.
You can see this list of vegan testosterone boosters for our recommendations.
“While people often use caffeine to improve mood, excessive caffeine consumption can increase anxiety.”
- Elizabeth Hartney, Psychologist
4 - Look For Other Beneficial Ingredients
The most common ingredients are boron, zinc, and D-aspartic acid, which have been known to work as testosterone boosters . But there’s also an opportunity for these supplements to help in other areas of your health.
This would include things like vitamin D3, which could be important for women to ensure they reduce the risks of bone density issues.
We also like to see magnesium included, as this might save you some money on a separate supplement that could help with your recovery time.
Can Women Take Testosterone Boosters?
Yes, women can take testosterone boosters in order to improve athletic performance. Women naturally have low testosterone, but a small boost could be an effective way to get benefits like improved stamina and bulking.
What Does Testosterone Do for a Woman's Body?
Testosterone helps a woman’s body in key areas of tissue reproduction and growth, bone density maintenance, and overall mood and behavior. It plays less of a role than in men, but lower than normal testosterone levels could reduce athletic performance in women.
Does Testosterone Make You Gain Weight?
No, testosterone doesn’t make you gain weight. Quite the opposite is the case because low testosterone could result in more belly fat and difficulty in maintaining a healthy weight. With lower energy levels, it could also become a vicious cycle towards obesity.
Our #1 Recommended Women's testosterone Booster
Our team came to the conclusion that the best testosterone booster for female clients would be TestoFuel. It seems to have the most suitable formula for all the testosterone boosters, and the dosage is pretty easy to adjust to your personal needs.
We’ve seen great results in strength and endurance with some of our female high-performance athletes. It could be the competitive edge you’re looking for.
Once you’ve tried it for a couple of weeks, make sure to report back to us on social media about your personal results.
HAVE QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
Join the discussion here on Facebook.