- Supplies the maximum dosage of pre-workout ingredients that have been proven to be effective
- Offers 11 flavor options
- Contains a high dose of caffeine
- Mixes easily
- Available on the company website and on Amazon
- Creatine Monohydrate
- Betaine Anhydrous
- Agmatine Sulfate
- Caffeine Anhydrous
- N-Phenethynl Dimethylamine Citrate
How It Works
- Improves strength and endurance
- Increases energy levels
- Boosts focus and mental sharpness
- Improves muscle pumps during workouts
What Is Gorilla Mode Pre-Workout Formula?
Gorilla Mode's Pre-Workout Formula is a pre-workout supplement known for its ability to enhance focus and energy levels, making it a go-to choice for many fitness enthusiasts.
Based on my personal experience and the feedback I've received from clients, Gorilla Mode increases muscle strength and endurance, aids intramuscular hydration, and increases nitric oxide (NO) levels, helping users achieve that sought-after pump.
Gorilla Mode pre-workout is manufactured by the same company that made the Gorilla Mind Rush nootropic supplement.
Since its initial launch, Gorilla Mode has undergone several refinements to better cater to the evolving needs of fitness enthusiasts.
From what I unearthed about the product's history, early versions were praised for their potency, but feedback from dedicated users led to the introduction of more flavor options and a fine-tuning of the ingredient mix.
What I admire about the brand is that it has consistently shown a commitment to innovation, with each iteration reflecting the latest in sports nutrition research and user preferences.
This dedication to improvement has solidified Gorilla Mode's reputation as a frontrunner in the pre-workout supplement market.
Packed with L-citrulline, creatine monohydrate, agmatine, and betaine, this pre-workout supplies your muscles with blood flow to maximize pump and gym performance. It allows you to train more consistently and more often, ensuring your long-term goals will become a reality.
According to what I've heard from different users of Gorilla Mode, the supplement contains quality pre-workout ingredients.
But what are these ingredients, and what do they do?
With the help of our dietician's research, let's explore what one scoop of Gorilla Mode can do for you.
1. L-Citrulline (4,500 mg)
This ingredient is found in almost every good pre-workout supplement on the market and has a two-fold effect.
Firstly, according to a study shared in the National Library of Medicine, L-citrulline is the most effective supplement for boosting your blood's nitric oxide (NO) levels, which plays an active role in cardiovascular health .
Secondly, a study from the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research suggests that L-citrulline can significantly increase muscle endurance and reduce soreness, meaning you can go harder and longer with your workouts .
I’m quite impressed with how generous the Gorilla Mode pre-workout creators were with the amount of L-citrulline, which is more than what most pre-workout products in the market contain.
My clients and I had insane performances at the gym, with improved pumps and increased muscle strength and endurance after taking just one scoop before our workouts.
2. Creatine Monohydrate (2,500 mg)
I was happy to see creatine in Gorilla Mode's ingredient list.
Creatine monohydrate is an amino acid commonly used by bodybuilders and power athletes to enhance performance.
Studies show that it can can impact muscle strength and size . This effect is owed to its ability to increase phosphocreatine stores in the body, which is used during intense workouts to produce ATP .
Within just a month, clients noticed a massive increase in strength as they were able to add more weights to challenging lifts, like squats, deadlifts, and bench press.
3. GlycerPump™ (1,500 mg)
Glycerpump™ is a highly concentrated form of glycerol power found in many pre-workout and sports supplements.
When added to water, glycerol powder can help you hydrate your muscles by preventing the natural drop in osmolarity, which causes your kidneys to drain the excess water .
Hydration is one of the most important factors in muscular endurance, with just a 2% loss in hydration, causing a 20% drop in performance, coupled with glycerol’s studied improvement to aerobic and anaerobic exercise as a whole .
To test the efficacy of this ingredient, I had two groups of clients perform HIIT cardio thrice a week: one took Gorilla Mode; the other one didn't. More clients from the Gorilla group reported feeling less fatigued during their workouts than the control group.
4. Betaine Anhydrous (1,250 mg)
5. L-Tyrosine (750 mg)
This one's for your mind more than your body, but the effects will help you increase your intense focus levels, energy, and mood.
The manufacturers claim it is the most bioavailable form of tyrosine.
While I can't give all the credit to this ingredient, clients reported that taking Gorilla Mind before the workout helped enhance their focus and concentration, even after grueling sets.
6. Agmatine Sulfate (500 mg)
This is another ingredient focused on improving the NO levels in your blood flow.
Studies have shown agmatine to be much more effective than arginine, used in many other pre-workout supplements . It is also said to manipulate the body’s pain receptors, allowing you to power through a more intense workout .
7. Kanna (250 mg)
I believe working out should make you feel good, and serotonin release is a big part of that, which is why the creators of Gorilla Mind added Kanna to their formula.
A mood enhancer and cognitive aid, Kanna, can increase the amount of serotonin available to the brain, which can lower stress levels, improve focus, and elevate your overall mood .
After a few weeks of using the pre-workout, clients experienced a noticeable mood lift before and after their workouts.
8. Caffeine Anhydrous (350 mg)
Unless you are caffeine-sensitive, there should be no question as to why this ingredient should be included in your pre-workout.
There is simply no other ingredient in other pre-workout supplements that can do a better or more thorough job getting you amped up and performing at your best.
A dose of 350 mg in Gorilla Mode worked well to lift my energy levels and mood during exercise sessions without noticeable side effects.
Fair warning: you might not want to pair this with a cup of coffee, or else you might find yourself awake all night.
9. N-Phenethynl Dimethylamine Citrate (350 mg)
Gorilla Mode pre-workout, owing to the company’s past efforts in the nootropic field, focuses just as much on giving your mind what it needs per day as it does to the body.
This is another ingredient that looks to enhance your mood, improve energy levels, and generally give you a better overall mental state of being .
10. Bioperine (10 mg)
Bioperine is a trademarked black pepper extract standardized to 95% piperine.
Black pepper extract works as an inhibitor of the enzymes that break down caffeine and noradrenaline in the body .
Effectively, it means that other ingredients in the Gorilla Mode pre-workout hit harder by increasing their absorption. And it may have helped to intensify the effects of each ingredient.
11. Huperzine-A (400 mcg)
Gorilla Mode Pre-Workout works because it contains a high dose of products proven to work. Most pre-workouts are pixie dust containing some taurine, vitamin B12, and caffeine.
- Mike Cernovich, Gorilla Mind Creator, Filmmaker & Journalist
Gorilla Mode Pre-Workout Benefits
With a long list of active ingredients, Gorilla Mode can:
- Boost strength and endurance
- Increase energy levels and blood flow
- Enhance focus and mental sharpness
- Increase your workout pump
After two weeks of using Gorilla Mode pre-workouts (I prefer the Tiger's Blood flavor, by the way), I can confidently say that it does what it claims to do.
Within just 30 minutes of taking Gorilla Mode pre-workouts, I got an insane energy boost during workouts that made it possible to train harder and more intensely.
Many clients report higher energy, intense focus, and improved pumps during workouts that last for a few hours after a session using Gorilla Mode pre-workout.
It was also easier to increase my reps to more than 20% of my usual routine, which is a giant leap. And I was impressed at how my recovery time felt slightly shorter per set.
Overall, I’m satisfied with how Gorilla Mode pre-workouts helped me increase my energy levels, endurance, strength, and mental sharpness, which are what I'm looking for in a pre-workout.
- Contains NO and amino acids for insane pumps
- Many positive comments about good endurance and energy boosts
- A high dose of caffeine may help with mental focus and fat burning
- Tastes good
- Not suitable for people with caffeine sensitivity
Best Gorilla Mode Pre-workout Flavors
Gorilla Mode comes in 11 refreshing flavors. The original flavor is Tiger’s Blood, and it’s one of my favorites.
Let’s take a closer look at all of the Gorilla Mode flavors available right now:
- Tiger’s Blood: This is a mix of strawberry, watermelon, and coconut, and it’s the one I order most often. But I would say that you have to like coconut flavor as it’s quite strong.
- Firefly Lemonade: This is a combination of peach and lemonade, and it’s a great balance between sweet and bitter. You can barely taste the peach, but it provides enough sweetness to avoid it being too tangy.
- Fruit Punch: If you tend to prefer sweet-flavored solid pre-workouts, then this is probably your best option. It has a great combination of different fruits but tastes a bit sweeter than most of the others.
- Mojo Mojito: This is an interesting one as it’s a less bitter version of lemon-lime with a bit of a hint of mint. It’s refreshing enough and not too sweet.
- Volcano Burst: This combines tropical orange, mango, and pineapple, and it’s a great balance of sweet and sour. I also find that incredibly feels natural, as if you’d mixed some fresh fruit juices.
- Mango Peach: This is one of the most natural flavors that Gorilla Mind has created, and you get a nice taste of these two fruits. Mango Peach is also not too sweet, and it’s a flavor I regularly order.
- Bombsicle: If you’ve ever had a bomb pop, then you’ll immediately recognize this one. You’ll taste cherry, blue raspberry, and lime, and it’s one of the unique flavors the company offers.
- Cherry Blackout: This is quite a natural cherry flavor, which is great. But it’s not quite tangy enough for my liking. What you’ll probably find is that it’s more of a cherry pie flavor and sweetness.
- Mouth-Watering Watermelon: Here’s another very natural flavor that unmistakably tastes like watermelon. It’s not sweet or bitter and is very easy to drink.
- Jungle Juice: This one is a combination of pineapple, coconut, and mango fruit and is also a good combination.
- Lemon Lime: This doesn’t exactly taste like Sprite, and it’s quite bitter. Think of it as a flat Sprite with an added squeeze of lemon, and it seems like this isn't the most popular flavor.
There is no doubt that this should belong among the best-tasting pre-workout supplements.
Since a lot of pre-workout supplements like Gorilla Mode and Gorilla Mind consist of high-dosed nootropics and other stimulants like caffeine and huperzine-A, some people may experience adverse effects from those ingredients.
This can include an increase in blood flow pressure, nausea, and headaches. Make sure to follow the recommended dosage of two scoops per day to avoid having these side effects.
But if it's your first time to take a solid pre-workout, or you're particularly sensitive to stimulants, take a quarter to half a scoop of Gorilla Mode in the beginning and observe how your body reacts.
Lastly, the manufacturer advises users not to blend Gorilla Mode with Gorilla Mode Energy, 2 AM, or Rauwolscine supplements.
Even with a relatively high caffeine content like other pre-workout supplements, I have not experienced any jitters, crashes, or tingling after almost two weeks of consistent Gorilla Mode use.
Most users report that they have not experienced problems with their sleep even after taking Gorilla Mode in the afternoon. If you have caffeine sensitivity, consider getting a caffeine-free pre-workout instead. You can always ask your physician or dietician to give you some recommendations.
How Much Gorilla Mode Can You Take?
You can take two scoops a day of Gorilla Mode pre-workout supplement. New users are advised to take a half or even quarter dose when they first start to feel how much they need. Going over two scoops, though, is discouraged and inadvisable.
Based on my experience, a single Gorilla Mode scoop falls short of the energy and motivation I need during workouts, especially when I had a poor night’s sleep.
Since I’m used to taking pre-workout supplements, I find a daily dosage of two Gorilla Mode scoops to work perfectly in improving my focus, power, and pumps.
How Well Does It Mix?
Gorilla Mode Pre-Workout Formula mixes pretty well, given the long and potent ingredients list. There is a certain level of trial and error in working out the right amount of water for the viscosity and texture that you like, but any shaker should be able to handle it.
After taking Gorilla Mode the first time, I had to add a little more water to dissolve the solids settling on the bottom of the shaker.
It’s probably because it’s a bit thicker than the lower-quality pre-workout products available on the market.
Where Can You Buy Gorilla Mode?
You can buy Gorilla Mode pre-workout on the manufacturer's official website. It is also available on Alpha XR for about the same price.
I like buying Gorilla Mode on the manufacturer’s official website to receive legit products at a discounted price.
Gorilla Mode Cost
With ten available flavors to choose from, Gorilla Mode is priced at $49.99 per tub. But they also offer a three-tub package with a discounted price of $139.99.
However, these are both exclusive of shipping fees and taxes.
Since I usually use one and a half to two scoops for a heavy workout, the price per serving comes in at around $2 when I buy the Gorilla Mode pre-workout package at a discounted rate.
Gorilla Mode is a bit more pricey than most pre-workout supplements, but I can say that it’s reasonable based on the Gorilla Mode taste and the results I got.
Shipping and Returns
Gorilla Mode's FDA-approved pre-workout formula can be shipped anywhere globally, but it might take up to 10 business days for customers outside the US.
They offer a 30-day return and refund/exchange policy, subject to approval. However, the pre-workout must not be used and must still be in the original packaging to be considered.
I availed of the Gorilla Mode pre-workout three-tub package and gotthreeit 3 days after ordering on their website. It would be nice to waive the shipping fee for bulk orders. But overall, I’m quite satisfied with the shipping speed and process.
- Contains a sufficient amount of caffeine for improved muscle endurance and strength
- A combination of caffeine and L-theanine gives longer-lasting energy
- Enhances focus and motivation
- Increases stamina
- Transparent pre-workout formula with no artificial sweeteners
- Only available in a fruit punch flavor
- Pricier compared to most pre-workouts
- Reduces stress levels
- Sustains energy levels
- Boosts overall strength in the muscles and promotes muscle growth
- Enhances endurance to postpone fatigue
- Increases motivation for longer workouts
- Quite expensive compared to most pre-workouts
- Some flavors taste too sour, according to reviews
- Aids muscle repair and muscle growth
- Boosts focus and motivation
- Increases power and endurance
- Makes you feel energized and alert
- Decreases muscle fatigue
- Might have clumping issues
- Uses sucralose as a sweetener
Should You Cucle Off Gorilla Mode?
Yes, you should cycle off Gorilla Mode pre-workout for 5–7 days in any given month to see the best effect for prolonged periods. The manufacturers recommend replacing the pre-workout with one of their nootropic stacks during this period.
Can You Combine Gorilla Mode Pre-Workout With the Nootropic Stacks Offered by Gorilla Mind?
Yes, you can combine Gorilla Mode pre-workout with the nootropic stacks, but it's not recommended since it contains a blend of cognitive enhancers. The manufacturers state that you shouldn't combine a full dose per day with a full dose of Gorilla Mind Rush.
Is Gorilla Mode Vegan and Vegetarian-friendly?
No, there is no confirmation of Gorilla Mode pre-workout being vegan and vegetarian-friendly, but the capsules are made from gelatin.
Why Doesn’t Gorilla Mode Have Some of the Ingredients Commonly Found in Other Pre-workouts?
The Gorilla Mode pre-workout formula doesn’t have some of the ingredients commonly found in pre-workouts due to Mike Cernovich’s research and formulations. He's combined the best combination of ingredients for a pre-workout in Gorilla Mind.
Our Verdict on Gorilla Mode
It's clear from my personal experience and various user testimonials that Gorilla Mode packs a serious punch.
The value per scoop is excellent compared to most pre-workouts on the market, especially if you decide that half a scoop or even a quarter dose of Gorilla Mode is enough.
There’s also the fact that the company has extensive experience in the cognitive enhancement department, which means the pre-workout also has a much stronger nootropic effect than most.
About The Author
You May Also Like